The fabulous L.B. Scott nominated me for The Sunshine Blog! Fun and merriment ahead.
How to do:
~ Thank the person who nom’ed you, of course. (Nom = nominated, not “om nom nom.” You are not obligated to thank a cannibal for nomming you.)
~ Next, answer the 11 questions your nommer gave you.
~ Finally, nom some more folks and ask them 11 questions of your own!
What is your favorite book? (If you have 16, just name the 1st that pops into your head)
Who can have just 16 favorites?? Try 16,000! Okay, my go-to answer for this is The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood. It represents a lot of what I love in a book – gorgeous writing, emotive characterization, a chilling story – AND it has withstood the test of time, being a top fave for about 10 years now. So that’s my handy pocket answer when someone says “PICK ONE FAVORITE, JUST ONE.” If I had my way, I’d have about 15,999 more to tell you about. :p
Did you go to college? What was your major? ( Alternate question: Did you always enjoy writing, or did it come out of left field?)
I did go to college – three, actually – and majored in a combo of dance and theatre. I may be your classic hermit-writer now, but believe it or not, I was a stage ham once. *dramatically flings feather boa over shoulder*
What Hogwarts House have you been sorted into?
What was the first chapter book you read?
Probably one of the Goosebumps books.
What is the silliest nickname you’ve received?
Where do you want to escape to?
EUROPE. I am pining for cobblestone streets and old architecture, for deep gorges and majestic alps… I’ve been to France and Italy (and a little of Switzerland) but I need more! MORE!
Take me on your ideal date.
My ideal dates involve helmets and harnesses. You up for it? 😀
What was your favorite game to play as a child? (I will accept a board game, but I will be disappointed.)
Big fan of tag. Though I usually preferred free-form, imaginative play as a kid. You know, like pretending I was a horse and annoying everyone by neighing at them. I always won that game.
If you could own any animal and not deal with the consequences (ie: it won’t eat you, it now eats grass), what would you own and why?
Unicorn! YOU SAID ANY.
Your favorite TV show?
All time fave is 30 Rock. The other day I got maple syrup in my hair and it made me feel very Liz Lemon.
If you could do anything knowing you would not fail, what would you do?
Alright – my noms! I’ve done things like this a lot so I’m going to pick only people I’ve never nommed before: Carolyn Dickson, Erika Frazee, Nicola Bell, Kimberly Cifone, and Brianna da Silva. But if any of you like these questions, feel free to answer them! I’d love to see your responses!
1. What’s your earliest memory?
2. What kind of hat best represents your personality? Any kind! Top hat, jester bells, a sombrero… (Even if you would never wear it in real life.)
3. What’s something that other people are fine with but totally bugs you?
4. Something that you’re fine with but totally bugs other people?
5. Favorite dessert?
6. What’s the one sentimental item (not a living creature or practical object like a phone, etc) that you would grab from your burning house if you only had time to grab one thing?
7. Favorite animal when you were 6?
8. Favorite pastime when you were 16?
9. You’ve just met a stranger. What’s something that would make you immediately like them if they started talking about it? (BESIDES books or writing, that’s too obvious!)
10. What’s your computer wallpaper?
11. Invent a superhero persona for yourself!